Thursday, September 11, 2014

Mod Podge Tutorial (Old Wooden Container)



I have an old rectangular wooden container that was covered with animal print which I am not a fan of.  To make it to my liking, I bought a nicely printed scrapbook paper and changed the whole thing by using Mod Podge.





Materials



Scrapbook Paper with the print of your choice 
Mod Podge
Foam Brush
Scissors / Cutter
Pencil
Ruler
Cutting Mat


Steps in Mod Podging
    
                            
1.  Peel off the old paper/cover used in the container.  Mine was easy because it was already peeling off in the first place.  




2.  Trace and cut the pattern of the old design.  I used the old cover.




3.  Coat the parts where you'll put the new design with Mod Podge using a foam brush.







4.  Place your newly cut designs/pattern on your container.  Make sure all areas are flat.  You can use a Brayer to flatten the paper.





5.  Let dry for 15 minutes.  
6.  Apply Mod Podge again for top coating using a foam brush.  I did mine twice with 15 minutes interval.  

.  










No comments:

Post a Comment